Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in my vein?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

pain in my vein?

I just started to have this weird pain in my vein in my forearm, the only reason i am concern is because i had a blood clot in the same arm a while back. Does anybody have any idea if a blood clot causes pain? last time there wasn't any pain i just felt a  bump in my elbow pit.
thanks in advice......
Avatar n tn
Yes, blood clots can most certainly cause pain, especially if you have inflammation around the vein.  I have had phlebitis (the inflammation part) and clots in my legs several times... always very painful.  Given that you've had a clot in the past, you really need to have this checked out if you're still experiencing symptoms.
Avatar n tn
The first response I posted has not shown up, so will try again.  Yes, depending on the severity of the blood clot and whether it is accompanied by inflamation (inflammation) surrounding the affected vein, it can be extremely painful.  Given the fact that you've had a clot before, you really need to see your doctor if you are still experiencing any symptoms.