Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in shoulder, arm and hand, and numbness in fingers

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Well to say the least, i am desperate for help. A few days ago, out of the blue i had a slight tinge right above the top right corner of my left scapula, which didnt really hurt, but was noticable.  Further into the day i noticed my left shoulder was hurting and pain where the tinge was.  As the day progressed, i noticed tingling in the finger tips, like a loss of circulation, which made me concerned about a stroke, especially since i am only 36. By that night i was thinking blood clot, and was really hurting. The next day the pain was so severe, it literaly floored me.  The pain set in my arm  and hand most of all. To describe the pain, i would say it felt like the feeling when you fall asleep on your arm and it is completely numb, and when it wakes back up, the painful ache at that moment, times 10. I went to 2 different hospitals and they acted unconserned and sent me home. The pain was enough to make me want to take my own life....I cryed like a child, with no sight of help. The pain now has eased up some but comes in surges about every min. or 2, and last about 20 seconds. Feels like my arm is on fire and someone is trying to put it out with a hunting knife. Even touching the hair on my arm hurts. I dont have med insurance so i cant afford all the vigerous tests of various doctors. Could someone point me in the right direction? I cannot live like this, it will cost me my job very soon.
It is probably a pinched/compressed nerve. It may seem odd, but this can be treated with muscle relaxants (such as flexoril) and 800 mg. ibuprophen (motrin) every 8 hours. This combination will reduce inflamation (inflammation), and relax the muscles so that the nerve can get back where it belongs. Try this for at least 3-4 days before you give up. If you still have slight pain after that, continue the motrin as needed. If this does not help, you may need to seek low cost medical coverage through a state program.
Avatar n tn
I agree it sounds like a compressed nerve in the neck.  Go to a chiropractor.