Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in the butt

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

pain in the butt

I am 50 and feeling my age. I have a pain directly to the left of my anus (left cheek). It is pain with itching so I thought it was a hemorrhoid but there is no visible swelling. It is slightly darker in that area as if it were a bruise. When I touch where the painful area is I can feel something under the skin that is a bit more firm than the surrounding tissue. My own guesses might be internal hemorroid, prostate issues or inguinal hernia. I have had a hernia in the past but it was in the traditional abdomen area and i had it repaired. Any insight would be appreciated, the thought of having anyone looking up my butt is not a happy thought.