Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain in upper thigh after sitting for a long time

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

after sitting for an extended period of time, when i attempt to stand i experience severe pain in my upper left thigh.  The pain comes and goes.  I have to sit back down sometimes and stand up gradually.   I have been experiencing this pain since the birth of my fourth child.  I have seen the doctor and he suggested exercise.  The pain is getting worse, i cry two to three times a week from the pain.  please advise on what you think it is so i can request the proper test when i go back to the doctor.  

thank you,
mommie4

This discussion is related to Thigh/upper left leg inflammation.
1 Comment

A variety of conditions can lead to leg pain that is aggravated by sitting. These include Disc erosion, tightening of the piriformis muscle due to imbalances in the hip rotator muscles, sciatic nerve impingement, also called sciatica and pain from nerve injury (neuropathy).

Imaging methods such as MRI,MR Neurography may help in diagnosis. You can take OTC pain killers like brufen,do some stretching exercises and yoga and maintain a correct upright posture while sitting.Severe cases may require surgery.

Pls consult your orthopaedician if the symptoms persist or become severe.

Hope this information helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries