Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pain on both sides of pelvis - what is this!?!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi, I am a 24yr old male. I had an unprotected sexual encounter 2 years ago. We used bath/body soap for lube after the condom came off. Shortly after, my pe**s and testicles were hurting for a while, up until about 5 months after, but have subsided and they don't hurt anymore (testicles hurt sometimes, but RARELY). I had chlamydia and gonorrhea tests done which came back negative, and the doctor said my urine looks perfect.

I didn't have any pain anywhere for a while, then about 8 months or so ago I have been having pain in my pelvis area. It's basically on both sides of the pelvis, below my waistline (to the right and left of my privates)...the pain is OFF and ON and doesn't hurt too bad when it comes. Doesn't hurt to push on it. It might not be there for a week, then the pain might come for about 10 seconds then go away.

I went to the doc recently, and he checked me for a hernia and basic stuff, said I was fine. But he suggested getting an ULTRASOUND done on my abdomen or pelvis i think he said. To see if there are any strains, damage, kidney stones, etc.

What does it mean when my symptoms are OFF and ON, like they come and go?
Could this be a sign of cancer? :(
Does this sound serious? Deeply worried...

Thank You -
Does not sounds like any cancer, sounds like a possible herniated (inguinal) area to me.  

See what the US results are and go for there.  

You can also post in the Men's Health Forum as well.  
first dont worry,  for all possibilties is on your mind only but not yet confirmed,, for you having sexual intercourse 2 years ago, mostly some of the test that you mentioned including diseases pertaining to sex have a window period, meaning their onset is not yet to appeared, it cant be found in any test... mostly it will appear 6 mons to 1-2 years long.. repeat the test done to other hospital for a second opinion because not all doctors have the same ideas... dont worry,, and dont be afraid for the result,,there will always be a way out
first of all dont worry too much.. it sounds like chlamydia to me have you been checked again.. again kidney stones is a possibilty but they more aften than not are very painfull most of the time and passing them is seen as the male equivalent to labour! sorry to scare you there.. i think you should go ahead with the ultrasoung to see if this shows up.. if not then do make sure you have a full sti/std check up. if there was a possibilty of cancer then the doctor would have warned you of this.. hope this helps.
regards
chloe
thank you for your response - chlamydia symptoms i thought were burning upon urination, discharge, etc. and i have none of those...also, i dont have any family history of cancer, so how else would one get cancer?
I just don't understand..

thanks,