Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
painful indent in thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

painful indent in thigh

Over the summer of 2007 I went to physical therapy due to a dislocated patella on my right leg. I did a lot of muscle strengthening, but mainly for that leg. I noticed in late August on my left leg there was a strange indent in my thigh muscle. I asked my physical therapist if he knew what it could be and he said it may just be because we werent strengthening that muscle as much as the other so it is weaker. Now, here in November the indent is still there. But for the past two days I have been having a sharp pain right below the indent whenever I walk. It feels as if someone is pricking me with a bunch of pins. The area below the indent (above my knee) seems swollen almost and is tender when I push on it. But I was just wondering if I should be more concerned about it now that I am having the sharp pains? Also I did some research on muscular disorders and of course I looked at the serious as well as the non serious and a few of them mentions sight problems and such. For the past few months I continue to get these dizzy spells where is seems like the whole room spins really fast and very sudden. It takes me a while to gain balance and be able to walk, and then for the next few hours, lights are blury and such. I don't know if this has any sort of connection to my strange painful indent. I just need answers!
Don't mess around with that dizziness...it could be neurological or cardiac...or anything....you need to have that leg checked.  Has anyone said anything about a blood clot???
I am a female, 24 yrs of age and need help. I have very painful, warm spots on my legs. They are like indentions and seem to be spreading. I have had xray's and MRI"S and my dr does not have any idea what it is. It is on the front lower part of my leg and is very painful to the touch . The area has grown from the size of a pea to around 6 inches in diameter. I am really afraid of what this might be. It has just started on my other leg, same location. If anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it. They do start out like pea size cysts. Painful to touch.
look up parathesia. Large patches of skin that feel like burn. Although if you are starting out with cysts, it could be staph and you'll need an antibiotic quick.
Anyway, if its just a sensation and doesn't actually look like anything, search parathesia. I have parathesia and a big indent in my thigh and am booked to see a neurologist.