painful knots
i keep getting painful knots that appear in different places on my body.  one day there might be one on top of my foot and on my ankle and on my hand. they stay for a week or so then they move somewhere else.  they are painful to the touch and they skin is sometimes red where they are.  the knots are hard. the one on my ankle has been there the longest and my whole ankle is swollen.  as the day goes on and im on my feet the swelling will get worse is some of the places.  i went to one dr who did an xray but he did not find anything and said he didnt know what is was?  im concerned it could be some type of tumors.
I believe that sometimes its a cyst, a hard nodule may be a calcium build up , I think massage may help them go away, I had one under my foot which I regularly massaged , it disappeared after a while, also the palm of my hand, I assumed the massage dispersed it .. good luck
Mine were'nt painful though ..