Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
painless lymph node on the neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

painless lymph node on the neck

Ive written before about my lymph node on my neck. I had CBC test already and everything is normal except for the thyroid its a little bit high. The normal is 10.9 and i have 11.20. Please help me on this one. The doctor didnt give me any medicine for this and she wants me to go back in 1 month.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Lymph nodes are small (1-2cm) and bean-shaped nodes. they are very important to your body keeping you healthy. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).

However, there are many other possible causes of swollen lymph nodes, including autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, noncancerous (benign) tumors and cancer.

So this swollen lymph node can be due to hyperthyroidism or autoimmune diseases.Pls get an FNAC lymph node done to rule out other possibilities.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

Thanks for writing to the forum!

A painless lymph node in the neck not increasing in size or not changing in texture is usually harmless and your doctor is right in just keeping a watch on it. Please do not panic. Many a times a localized infection is trapped by a lymph node which swells up. It is quite harmless.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
im darkshaho im 23 ,i have a small,lymph node on my neck under my ear, i dont feel it at all, unless i put my finger on it, its been there for around 2 mounth, i went to several doctore and surgents, they told me nothing to worry about at all i keept seen the doctore for my time, he told me the same nothing to worry about. but some times i get a little worry,
Welcome to the forum!
A lymph node swells in response to a local infection or inflammation. It is often normal to have a small lymph node swelling for no apparent cause. It can also be due to some infection in the mouth. A swollen lymph node then persists for a long time, sometimes years without any problem.
Hence do not concern yourself. You only need to worry if this pains, increases in size or texture. Also please do not touch it again and again.
hey,, thanks for ur fast reply, it helped a lot, like i told u no pain at all, i kept visiting the doctor, cuz i was worry, he always checks it out, and tells me there is no problem the problem is that u worry too much, the node didnt increase from that time, but decreased, but not to normal size, and that wat u told me, anw thx a lot, btw i did blood tests for a job and was all good, thanks a lot it helped me really, and ill be contacting u in any other condition    regards
You are welcome! I am glad things sorted out for you!Please feel free to contact any time in future. All the best!
thanks a lot sure ill do, so there is nothing to  worry about, just ill try my best not to get myself afraid :D:D thx anagin
hey Dr. u told me to keep u informed, yesterday, i went to the doctor to ckeck on the node, before i travel, he told me its over, it became small, but it mabye won't disappeare for ever, or maybe it will take a long time, i asked him on its size, he told be its acm to the max not bigger at all, so thx again doctor if u can give me ur reply. bye
Don't worry. Relax. Forget about it as it does not trouble you.
hey dr. :D long time, well dr, im fine, just wanted to let u know about,my lymph node, well, its smaller than before, but still there though, and like before, no pain at all, no change in color and in texture, and not increasing, it appears like a small bump,when i turn my head to the max degree tothe left side :d. but its taking too much time to go. thx again hope to reply soon
hey, since u didnt reply yet, i forgot to tell u that i did CBC test and every thing is normal, just that and the above givens thanks a lot.
As I said earlier, relax. The swelling is subsiding (this takes time at times months) and your CBC is normal, so don't worry.
yes, forgot to tell u also, i did a chest X-ray, and microscopy and urine tests, and The CBC was that the hemoglogin is 17, and dr told me since i smoke,  plus i have one node under my chin its been there live 4 ever,so then nothing to worry,and it will take time, thx a lot Dr really thanks
hey doctor, my node is nearly gone, i bearly see it,i wanna say it was causing me a hell of a fear, so to all who was having the same sitiuation as mine, dont b worried, byz thx u dr
You are welcome!
hey dr. thx for ur reply, just one question, sometimes i feel something stuck in my throat, not always, sometimes, i saw a dr, he asked me if i smoke, i said, yes, and ive changed my ciggaret brand lately, and becuz i traveled, and the weather here is dry, he said its mabye becuz of that, so if u have another opinion, thanks again
Hi my name is Phil.  2 years ago i was diagnosed with skin cancer (melanoma) . The mole was on the mid-lower back left of center and it was 4mm thick but lymph note biopsy came back negative. So hopefully caught early! This morning i noticed that i have a small bump under my left ear that you can only feel when touching it. I'm thinking its a swollen lymph noted and i find it to be a bit itchy as well.
Is there a chance that the two are related?
Hello Dr.  I've been noticing this thread and thought I might post.  I am 23 years old, male, and have been feeling one enlarged lymph node under my jaw on right side, near the submandibular gland.  It has been enlarged for about 2 weeks now, and I did go see an ENT and he thought it was maybe an infection that got trapped in the lymph nodes, which caused it to swell.  My question is...how long would an infection like this take to clear? Or also should I be concerned about lymphoma?  I have not had any "typical" lymphoma symptoms besides this swollen lymph gland, so would normally other symptoms be present with this gland? and also should there be more than one lymph node enlarged if it were lymphoma? I have had a blood test within the last month and everything came back normal, but wasn't sure if blood or urine tests can test for lymphoma? Any information would be greatly appreciated since I am still concerned
i have observed 1 node four days before just below the left side of neck and above the clavicle. now i observed 2 small nodes around the first one, first time after pressing first knode was little bit painful, but now none of them are painful. first node became littlebit larger, can any body tell me what couold be the possible deases, for that i will be thankful.

thanx
i had unprotected sex once like a month and a half ago.Like 3 weeks after,i could feel like something was happening to my throat,but during this stage i also had a fever and night sweat for like 2 days, then  after that i passed the strep throat on to others.It left after about 3 days, Then after that i was stressed to death,which caused deppression. After that i could see myself kind of losing weight. After my strep throat i noticed that i had a big swollen gland in the right side of my neck that have been lasting for a month now. Last i always felt like something is running threw my body everyday. I am going to go get tested in a week, but i just want to know if anyones knows, or has a clue what im going threw,some nurses already told me, it can not be hiv, but i want to know what else is out there.
I have 4 small nodes on my neck...im 17 & its literally been there for years...they are painless & never get swollen but my dad has thyroid problems. Any suggestions on what it might be?????..please email me!!...
***@****