Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
patch of small blisters

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

patch of small blisters

For several years I have gotten small blisters that appear on the back of my leg. They are always in the same spot. They are small blister in a circle about the size if a nickle. They are painful and the skin seems to be hard beneath them. I have tried alcohol and that does nothing, witch hazel helps some. Usually I just put a band-aid over it and go on, but they are becoming quit frequent. Stress seems to bring them on.
Does any one have any idea what this could be. I am uninsured and DR. visits are expensive. I also have a new partener, and wouldn't want anyone to catch anything.
HELP
Tags: blisters, rash
Avatar n tn
I would bring this up in the dermatology thread. Take a picture of it when you start breaking out with them, and show them to Dr. Rockoff. He can give you the best explanation of what you have.
I'm assuming you're pretty accurate when you say blister? Is the lesion sort of superficial (on the skin) or does it feel more like a pimple (beneath the skin, rising upward) If you can feel a lump than it is the latter. I'm not going to draw any conclusions right now, because it could be anything, but the recurring symptoms (patch or cluster of painful blisters) for this long in the same area could indicate some type of non sexually transmitted herpes. (nothing to really worry about, sort of like a cold sore on your face but in a different area, don't let the name fool you) But do me a favor and show this to Dr. Rockoff. He would be the best person to talk to sans going to a real doctor, which you can't afford right now.
I'd go to the doctor. My son gets impentigo that kind of sounds like that.

You say it is in a circle, and that sounds like it could be ringworm. I'd get it looked at if it is still there in a few days.
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the input. I will take a pic of it the next time it appears.
I just had one and the area stay really sore for a week or two afterward.
If this is in the herpes family, how contagous is it. How do I protect others.