Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
patches of blisters

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

patches of blisters

woke up 3 days ago with a patch of burning tiny blisters on the inside of upper right leg. looks like poison ivy, but havent been in conntact with any. yesterday noticed small patch developing on backside of right knee. this morning there is a patch on upper right hip. also the first patch that broke out is now big clusters of blisters. doesnt really itch as much as it burns and is painful.
sinfy:

This sounds very much like shingles, which is caused by a virus, and can be helped by an antiviral medication.

You can go to google.com and search for images of shingles to compare with what you have.
Make an appointment soon with your family doctor for an evaluation.   If he diagnoses you with shingles, he can prescribe the med, which works better if begun soon after the outbreak starts.

Hope this helps,
Carol
I agree with shingles.  If you have felt kind of crummy and the area hurts, check it out.  I was at Dr. for something else and as I was leaving I told him that I think I had pulled something near my rib cage because it hurt and that I had an itchy "flea" bite from dog sleeping with me.  Thankfully he checked - shingles! Be thankful it is not on your face.

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath. When this happens, the surface of the skin remains intact, but is pushed outwards as serum seeps into the newly created space between the layers.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters are most common on the hands and feet, as these extremities are susceptible while walking, running, or performing repetitive motions. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

Most blisters heal naturally and do not require medical attention. As new skin grows beneath the blister, the fluid contained within it will be slowly reabsorbed by the body and the skin on top will dry and peel off.

The unbroken skin over a blister provides a natural barrier to infection. This means that you should try to keep blisters intact and unbroken in order to avoid infection. Try not to pierce a blister with a needle, but allow it to break on its own once the skin underneath has healed.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.