Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pelvic pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

pelvic pain

I am a 24 year old female who has suffered from pelvic pain since age 11. A few years ago I went to the doctor and I discovered I had a urinary tract infection. After taking antibiotics and getting the clear that the infection was gone. later that same day my entire pelvic area hurt so bad i couldn't move or walk without the pain. I've also had an abdominal ultrasound which was ok. what could be causing this pain?

1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Your problem looks more like Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE). PNE “ is a source of chronic pain, in which the pudendal nerve (located in the pelvis) is entrapped or compressed. Pain is worsened by sitting, and can include prickling, stabbing, burning, numbness, and the sense of a foreign object in the urethra, vagina or rectum. In addition to pain, symptoms can include sexual dysfunction, impotence, anal and urinary incontinence.” You can refer to this link for further information and treatment options: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pudendal_nerve_entrapment
Other possibilities are PID or pelvic inflammatory disease, cancers or compression of spinal nerves in the lumbar area. Please discuss this with your doctor. Maybe going to a neurologist will help.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!