periodic hand numbness
I have been having recurring numbness in my left hand for the past couple of weeks.  I first notice it in the wrist, then it proceeds to my hand.  I shake it off and it goes away.  But it keeps happening, and it doesn't matter what I am doing at the time.  A few weeks ago, I had pain in my left shoulder and neck and couldn't turn my head to the left.  The doctor said that it was a pinched nerve, and that it would go away but might take a while.  The pain is gone, and I can turn my head, but now I have this tingling that comes and goes in my left hand.  I don't want to go to the doctor, because I don't want them to think I am a whiny paranoid person...LOL.  I'm already scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on my right elbow in Jan. due to chronic tendonitis for the past two years... cortisone shots have not helped.  So I don't want to go back and say, "Now there's something wrong with my LEFT arm too".  LOL  Any thoughts?  
well thats something serious it because your arm is not circulating blood good have you tought of getting massages or putting a warm soak towel in ur arm
I work as a medical transcriptionist for a neurologist...sounds like what a lot of his patients describe as carpal tunnel syndrome, especially since you can relieve the numbness by shaking your hands..  It is a very real syndrome and can be treated with medication, splints, or carpal tunnel release surgery.  I am not telling you this as a medical professional, only what I have heard repeatedly through hundreds of neurology transcriptions.  Either an neuro, ortho, or your primary doc could tell you....if you had surgery for it, it would be an ortho doc doing it.