Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
persistant enlarged lymph nodes and indigestion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

i have painless enlarged lymph nodes (about 1 cm)in my neck on left side only (just below ear lobe) and in my right groin for the last 3 months. unexplained tiredness on and off (i thought i was anaemic but blood test says i'm not and everything else normal too). occasional vague queasiness. discomfort similar to indigestion (like when u've eaten a huge meal and it's pressing on your diaphragm so it's hard to take a deep breath) whether i've eaten or not to the extent that i lost 5 kg in a week but now am eating again because the feeling is there regardless. have felt "not quite right" for several months but maybe i'm forgetting what "normal" is by now. have never really had any health concerns except for a cold every few years. seen my GP(hence blood test and also abdo u/s which was normal except for incidental simple cyst of 11mm in right kidney). i feel like a hypochondriac because it's all so vague so don't talk about it to anyone and am reluctant to return to GP. should i press for further tests or leave it?
I would press for further testing.  If the lymph nodes are hard and immobile, that could be a bad sign but further testing must be done to know for sure.  Either way, you can make yourself even sicker from the stress and anxiety of not knowing.  Press on until you either get some definite answers or at least rule out lymphoma-Hodgekins or otherwise.
I don't know what you mean when you say "not quite right". Try to explain this.  I understand that it is difficult, but do the best you can.
not to freak you out, but i had the swollen glands/groin, fatigue, etc. and everything came back normal EXCEPT for hepatitis C which i tested positive for. just fyi, it's a simple test and there is treatment available, with new drugs in the pipeline. best of luck to you.  tracy
Thank you for your responses. I know "not quite right" is a bit vague and that is what is so frustrating about how I feel. I'll try to be more specific. I'm usually a very active person; single mum of 3 teenagers, working, not super fit but walk most days, very rarely sick; only get a cold every few years. For the last few months I've hardly walked as I just don't feel I have the energy to spare after doing all the essential stuff. I have days when things feel a bit hectic but generally life is not too-fast paced now that the kids are older. If I can (not often) I'll sleep for a few hours in the afternoon and still go to bed at 9pmish or even earlier, up at 7am with the kids. Re the "indigestion" (that's the closest thing I can think of to describe it) - it's not pain but more like I've eaten too much even if I've had nothing, therefore, reduced appetite but I seem to be making up for not eating as much by eating more high energy stuff (i.e. junk) to try to feel more energetic and better generally, so have put on some of that 5kg I lost initially. No vomiting but queasy (i.e. not even strong enough to be nausea) and that comes and goes and doesn't seem to be related to actually eating. It all seems to be too vague to be of much help which is the problem I had when I went to see my GP. I must confess to researching my symptoms on the net (maybe a mistake!) and lymphoma is the main thing I have as a concern but don't want to over-react. I try to reassure myself that things will get better or worse and, if the latter, I'll have something more substantial to go back to the Dr with. The lymph nodes are about 1 cm, firm and seem to be fairly fixed as my fingers roll over them. No signs of infection with temp, blood tests, etc. Can nodes be up for months for no reason?
I have had swolle gland on rught side for about 6 months. I went to ent and he said he believes it is due to sinus problems. Had a Ct scan done to be sure and he said its fine they are bigger than normal but not to the exent to biopsy. I do have to check back in a few months from now. My still have not gone down but hasn't grown which is a good sign.