Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
phantom odor
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

phantom odor

I have had a strange "phantom odor" like a sweet perfume but it has no source that I can find. It started yesterday. I tried to think if I had given anyone a hug who was wearing perfume or something. Or, maybe did I use lotion or something unusual... no, I had not. I have changed clothes, showered. I use unscented detergent to wash my clothes, and haven't changed my soaps or shampoos. I spoke with the doctor, she said if I still have it for a week, I will go for a cat scan, having seen nothing much out of the ordinary. Maybe a little swelling and slight redness up my nostrils, mild post nasal drip, which is not that uncommon for me either. I  have other chronic health problems for years including : chronic pain, sarcoidosis, myositis, hyperhydrosis, fibromyalgia, generalized weakness, shortness of breath, two kinds of sleep apnea - Central apnea and obstructive apnea, Central being the dominant of the two. I sleep with a cpap machine and and oxygen concentrator bled into the line. I changed all the tubes and the mask to eliminate any doubt of it coming from them. Well. I guess that is enough for now. Any feed back that may help?