Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
piercing pain in stomach

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

piercing pain in stomach

Again, without the typical tests I have been diagnosed with a peptic ulcer.....I think it must be that...but it's the pain that I am questioning.....I suffer with chronic migraines and now the abdominal pain and fatigue....had gall bladder surgery last July.  Since that time, this pain I feel in my stomach starts from the front, seems to move upward and to the back with severe pain and then there will be a piercing as if a knife is cutting through from the back to the front.  I take nexium daily....and have OTC zantac that I take on the occasional extra attacks...the pain is so severe that I will cry on the onset....and I will ball my head off it hurts so badly....as soon as the zantac begins to coat the stomach it settles down....is this really an ulcer?  I have never heard of people saying their acid reflux or ulcer is much more than just a burning....what I feel is EXTREME pain that seems to move...I don't know what would happen if the zantac didn't fix the problem immediately....and today I had such an attack and I took an extra Nexium and 2 zantacs 75...I could feel the pain since yesterday building up and it calmed down but continued for several hours after that....the normal attacks only last a few minutes.....this one today, really has me up set.  Any suggestions?