Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pinched carotid artery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pinched carotid artery

this is gonna sound really weird, but I had an old man with false teeth try to hug me or kiss my neck , not sure what the intentions were. He ended up biting my neck real heard and pinched off my carotid artery in my neck, scared me real bad, I live in a build for eldery and disabled, I have ms, we were in the elevatior and he gave me a hug to say have a nice nite, and next thing I new, he bit down real heard on my carotid artery. it was not intentional,I think,,,,,  but im all brused and I have swelling, black and blues and red bumps all over the side of my neck now and am quite worried, it hurts like hell, its been over 2 hrs since and the swelling hasnt gone down and is red and blockey all the way up to my chin now.. he did  not break the skin, but teeth marks were left.. I know u can cut off the blood supply , my god u can have a lot of problems from something like that. ive very concerned, and not sure what to watch for now... omg...Ill be staying away from this person for sure but ive looked up everything i could about this and found nothing.... any input as to what i should be watching for,, head aces... more swelling,, dizzy,, I just dont know, I mean, this is not something u run into every day......
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
1699033_tn?1405352675
Yes, your story is a weird one.  Anyway, you should have your neck looked at by your doctor.  I highly doubt that your corotid artery is pinched.  If it was, you would be having symptoms related to decreaesd blood flow to the brain and it does not sound like you are having that.  He could have done some internal damage to the neck that does not involve the carotid artery such as tendon damage.  
1803631_tn?1321402433
First off, if someone bit you on the neck and broke the skin you need to see a physician as human bites can lead to serious infections which could indicated by the red bumps that you are describing. As for the blood supply, I am less worried. Damage can occur from trauma to the neck which, in worst case scenarios, could result in what is a called a carotid artery dissection. This would more likely manifest in stroke like symptoms at the time of the event. What you need to to is to go and see your local doctor to ensure that you do not have an infection
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank