Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
pitting edema no injurys or bites or salt plz HELP.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

3 days ago i noticed both my ankles were swolen and thought it was just edema and i needed to elveat my legs its been 3 days and no releaf i dont eat alot of salt i am just 10 pounds over weight and i was looking online about it and relized it was pitting witch worried me i have never even had edema in my life any one know if this could just be cuz of my cycle or is there a underlying issue? please im very worried about it and i also took a 10 min walk to the store the other day hadnt walked in a wile but im active in the home i have 4 kids so i dont think thats why and my shoes were flip flops that fit well not tight or anything and i were them around the house too and iv been getting hot flashes im a 26 yo woman please any idias?
Tags: edema
Active in the home is absolutely no substitute for general exercise which we all NEED! swelling has many causes, far too numerous to mention here.

If the swelling came after the walk to the store, it was caused by the awakening of normally unused nerves/muscles. Elevate the feet to same level as your heart for at least 30 mins every 6 hrs. But dont let it lapse back into hibernation, take a daily walk, slowly at first and increasing to a brisk one over a month, and keep it up then, you will feel the difference.
I had the same issue last week. I realized I had not had a bowel movement in over a week. Any possibility you are constipated.
?