Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
please help

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

please help

my jaw pops when i open my mouth,what could it be?
i had this i had to go to the dentist for a mould of my teeth,i had toomany teeth so ihad to have some removed,does it happen when you eat aswell?
could be TMJ go it the doc the will know for sure
I have the same issue and it is a diagnosed case of TMJ dysfunction.  Mine started with a pop initially when I open my mouth, then progressed to a grinding and popping sound and now its pretty much constantly irritated.

I'm not sure where you are, but in Australia if you go to a specialist they will recommend you get your dentist to make you a splint in the first instance.  They find that most people's issues are due to grinding.  Its definatley worth a shot as after my continual issues, I wish I had sought treatment earlier on.

Good luck!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability what you have is a TMJ disorder. To get some relief you can try massaging the sore muscles.  Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. You have to press on muscles to look for sore points. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!