positive thyroid antibodies, uveitis, auto-immune disease-which one?
I have been told by many doctors that I have some sort of auto-immune disease, but they cannot tell which.  My thyroid antibodies are real high (thyroglobulin 125 -range is <20,thyroid peroxidase is 534-range <35) have had uveitis.  Have raynauds, livedo rectularis and biopsy on leg showed some erythma nodosum-excuse spelling.  My main complaint is sore neck and throat and swollen and hot fingers.  Also feel some spine pain and ribs, left leg cannot straighten and heels of feet real painful.  They found a 8 mm nodule on my thyroid but the doc says we should wait and see if it gets bigger before doing biopsy  He says my discomfort is because of the auto-immune issue but nobody can say what it is. The nodule has some calcium deposits on it (not sure if that is the same as calcified).  I am at a total loss. The inflammation in my fingers is almost unbearable and so is the throat pain.  I get hoarse at times.  ANA and sed rate has been normal, c-reactive protein test was real high on one test.
Any input will be appreciated-please share any similar experiences.  Thanks!!
Which one? All of them! (Women and autoimmune diseases:) http://www.aarda.org/women.html
Your symp's do sound very much like autoimmune diseases, and there's growing evidence that links them together, they often overlap or mimic each other so it's hard to diagnose and often misdiagnosed. I'm wondering why your doc's aren't pursuing your thyroid as a cause of your symp's.

I highly recommend looking into the Marshall Protocol (MP), a curative therapy for people with autoimmune diseases/or symptoms of. Their website explains how they are linked to each other (See: Th1 inflammation disease on marshallprotocol.com) You don't have to have an actual diagnosis to begin the MP, however you need a prescribing phys'. (I've been on the MP for 6 months now for Th1 inflammation & it is working! I've been sick for 18+ years, and this is the first time something is working for me, and the first time I understand all of my symptoms. That alone is a huge relief.)

Here are some good links for starters: "What is the Marshall Protocol": http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/4213.html

"Is the MP an applicable treatment for my disease?" http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum32/1263.html

Then on their main page: marshallprotocol.com, look up the many different articles under the headings: "Essential Information about the MP" & "Marshall Protocol FAQ's"

This link is really interesting too, check the list of symptoms of Th1 inflammation, "Hypervitaminosis-D Symptoms" http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/2588.html

Keep us posted, K!
Dear Hityty I will look into it-thanks very much.  The thyroid antibodies have just been discovered as nobody else tested for it.  I suppose now that I have that info perhaps I should go back to the rheumatologist
Thanks again

Just a note.. my Endorcrinologist put me on the Mashall Protocol as well (for CFS / adrenal insufficiency).

Hi if you havent already please go to a doctor who specialiazes in the thyroid (endocrinlogist) start from there and than if you have to go to a specilaist in autoimmune disease.  Dont let the thryoid sit without medicine.  Good luck
Corinna66:
A tick borne infection might be the cause of most of your symptoms.
Borrelia burgdorfi, Babesiosis, and Bartonella can throw everything out of whack, causing thyroid problems, vision problems like uveitis, and circulation problems like raynaud's and livedo reticularis.

For more information, consult the Canadian Lyme Foundation, or LymeNet.org.

Wishing you the best,
Carol