Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
problems driving me nuts... any suggestions?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

21/f I'm constantly shaking/moving and i'm having a lot of muscle spasms. I can feel the bones in my neck "grind?" as my neck jerks. I feel like i'm drunk when i'm walking.I move side to side. I've been running into things a lot lately, especially when turning corners. I'm having trouble with buttoning buttons, writing, and doing almost everything i once was able to do. also im dropping things a lot. I feel really lousy in the hot sun, like i'm gonna come down with the stomach flu.. but it never happens. When i'm lying in a hot bath, the lights seem to dim and then i get really sleepy and i feel sick. My vision is screwed up very blurry and it feels like my eyes aren't moving together. i'm nearsighted and had my vision checked in sept05 but no vision change. My eyes move when i'm trying to fall asleep at night and my eyelids flutter.. I've been told im depressed over and over but i dont feel depressed. my weight keeps going up and down. i go from 104 to 111. this has happened at least 10 times in the past year. its because i gag when trying to swallow food like the muscles in my throat aren't working right. all my problems seem to come and go, but the movements have been constant for quite some time now. i get random pains all over, but they're almost always in the same place. since i graduated in 03, i've lost nearly all my muscle mass, probably from lack of use. I have numbness in my neck/throat, chest (above my breasts), ankles, finger tips, etc. Sometimes i get itches that feel like they're under my skin then the area goes numb. ex: ankles.
Tags: head, Neck, Pain
I ran out of characters... so i'll continue with a comment lol

i believe i have IBS because somedays i go '#2' 3-5 times a day then i'll get really constipated and not go for 3 or more days and when i do try and i feel like im gonna pop my head off. as for #1,  i have trouble starting and then if i sit there i have a constant 'dribble?' sometimes i feel like i gotta go really bad and then very little comes out. and then other times i get a really bad sharp pain in my bladder for hours but i dont feel like i have to pee.. but then when i eventually do the pain goes away. all these things have been going on for a while now and i guess im just realizing that they're not normal. they're not all constant like i said, but they're all recurring. a few times i've had this really bad pain up the side of my head when i move my neck. sorry things aren't in order.. that's another thing i've been struggling with lately. i think i'm having short term memory lose too becasue i often forget to tell my doctor about some symtpoms i've been having because they're so vague... i suppose i'm being vague too haha.

i've been told all my problems are from anxiety and started taking an antidepressant 5 days ago.
First of all, make a list of all your symptoms. Type it up nicely, then take it with you to the Dr. and insist he read it, then put it in your file. Give the antidepressant about 3 weeks to see if any of your symptoms improve. I do not think that depression could cause all these symptoms. Look at Scleroderma, Lupus, and MS. These all sound scary, but come in varying degrees.
scumokin:
I answered your previous post:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/symptoms/messages/710.html

Best,
Carol
this may be unrelated, but my toes/feet are ALWAYS cold and my hands/fingers are cold when im not using them. toes and fingers are colder, usually. right now my toes are cold but sweaty.
Just a suggestion but have you had your thyroid checked?  I have had a lot of these symptoms and am told that it is probably due to my thyroid disease which can be controlled with meds.also these things can be cassed from B12 deficiency as well as other very controllable things.
lyme came back negative. thyroid was checked several times. complete blood count looked good.

I'm sorry.. i forgot about writing that other post. i swear i'm losing it.
your problem sounds similar to mine.  when i lay down at night on my back sometimes the room will spin like ive been drinking beer.  i mostly sleep on my left side because it feels like the circulation is being cut off to my head and i get dizzy. i bent over the other day and a sharp pain went through my arm, shoulder and up to my head and i felt almost like blacking out.  i am scheduled for an mri.  im thinking pinched nerve.  what are some of your other symtoms (symptoms)?
me again  (i think i have short term memory loss too)! i had to go back and read what you originally said.  i dont think yours is depression.  are you under a lot of stress?  stress will make you feel bad.  neck pain and the jerking sounds like muscle or nerve problem. a friend of mine had some of this trouble and she ended up at the mayo clinic for extensive testing.  some rare brain disorder (like it was shrinking).  thats why i am freaking out.
lose instead of loss.. grrr just realized that
ugh..... sinking into my BED. not head

i swear something is really going on with me and this isn't ALL from anxiety.
I've always (since i was about 12) got these "blackouts" when i got up... like all the blood from my head was rushing out of it. My vision goes black and my head pounds to the beat of my heart and it feelings like a tight band around my head. These last for a minute max. But lately i've been getting them when i sretch and/or yawn sitting down.. this type lasts 10 seconds max. I just noticed that my toes on my left foot feel numb.. and so is the side of my ankle. and i'm walking differently... my feet point outward. i just can't relax. I honestly feel drunk. I walk like i'm drunk. And i do have the spinny feeling when i'm lying down. i HAVE to sleep on my side. if i sleep on my back, as im falling asleep i feel like i'm sinking into my head and if i dont wake up i'm gonna stop breathing... very strange. I always have this feeling like my left eye isn't moving with my right.. say when i'm looking to the left. The neck jerking is the same as all over movements.. jerks, twitches whatever you wanna call them. that pain up the side of my neck is probably unrelated because i can remember having it when i was younger in the pool as i shook my head in a swimming pool... you know getting the water off my face and such. im really sorry if this doesnt make much sense. i'm also always typing the word words online.. like if i meant to say maybe i'll type make. or for godson i'll type grandson. or for if i'll type is. i just proof read the above and saw that i typed pull instead of pool!!!! i'm turning into a freaking moron UGH. i got an A in comp 1 and an A in comp 2... i wasn't always this stupid!!!
RE: my toes/feet are ALWAYS cold and my hands/fingers are cold when im not using them. toes and fingers are colder, usually. right now my toes are cold but sweaty.

Look up Raynaud's Phenomenon. This is not unheard of by itself, but is often part of an autoimmune disease such as Lupus.
Here is a link:
http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/raynaud/ar125fs.htm
just 'cause they say that, doesn't make it true.
ya think!!
Yes, difficulty swallowing is EXACTLY what you should discuss with the ear/nose/throat doctor.

I answered further on your first post.
Carol
wouldn't something come up abnormal with my blood tests if i had lupus? i do have an on going problem with pleurisy though. that started back in september. today while sitting in church i kept getting pains in my head and neck on the right side. the pain in the neck is like tendon pain and i also got it in the inside of my elbows and both have happened in the past. its the same pain that i had when i moved my neck last week. a warm burning pain up the side of my head. the neck area is also a little numb. the reason i never mentioned ANY of my problems to any doctor is because they're not all constant and for some dumb reason i always assumed if pain isn't constant its nothing to worry about. i'm sure i have some autoimmune diseases going on. i'm scared to death about huntington's though. the only family medical history i know is my birth mother was institutionalized for schizophrenia and alcoholism (reason my twin and i were immediately put up for adoption). my mom is a nurse and said people with huntington's have a tan color to them. i'm darker than my twin, that's for sure. but i also have brown hair and brown eyes.. she's the complete opposite (im sure you can figure that one out)
There are many blood tests to screen for autoimmune diseases. Something would be abnormal. Have you had any autoimmune tests? These might include ANA, SED-rate,Anti -Cardiolipin, Anti-DNA, Anti-Ro/SS-A, Anti-Sm antibodies, and Rheumatoid Factor, among others. Many autoimmune disorders overlap, and are very hard to diagnose.
nope no tests other than thyroid, lyme, and complete blood count.  everyone keeps saying im depressed and have anxiety
im gonna try to ignore all this once again and give it a rest until a checkup in july. i do however have an appointment with ear nose and throat on tuesday. should i mention my problems with swallowing food or is this not their expertises? i would assume it would be.
ENT dr didnt find anything now he wants to send me else where. i now believe 110% that i have lyme. i have no way to get treatment though :-(
I'm soon to be 35/female, I started back in 1998 with a weird burning type of headache up the back of my head. Fall of 2000 developed facial tingling, seeing black spots before my eyes (not floaters, they came later on), stabbing ear pain, pressure feeling in head, started having anxiety attacks.  Early 2001, extreme nausea that lasted 3 months.  Spring 2001 after nausea left started to develop weird crawling sensations in my legs every now and then. Fall 2002, fell in our perc test hole at our new house, clear up to knee, tailbone hurt bad, went to the chiro, he adjusted me, that night had burning sensations in both legs, up my back , itching in my hands, feet, butt cheeks, and arms, went back and told him about this he told me that I needed to go to a specialist, he thought I had a brainstem tumor, freaked me out totally, now almost 4 years later, I cannot stand to have pants that are tight on, It feels like bugs crawling under my pants, crawling sensations in back, and face, heart palpitations, headaches, neck and ear pain, I am going to the doctors next week, I'm going to have him refer me to a LLMD (lyme literate medical doctor), I truly believe that I have Lymes disease, my husband has had 2 of them removed from him, both deer ticks, I worry about him because the doctor only treated him with a weeks worth of antibiotics.  I have plenty more symptoms than that, but those are the ones that are the worst.  Does this sound familiar to you at all?  If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?  Let me know.
Hey, you should bookmark the entries that you want to check back on.

I replied again to your first post.

Carol
how do you bookmark?
just add the post you want to your favorites list on your toolbar
Thanks I sould have known that. Losing It.