Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
protected sex, now showing ars symtoms(symptoms)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Good day, I was for the first time in my life at a stripper bar, which also turned out to be an escort agency, after drinking ive made a big mistake by having sex with one of the ladies. She used lube and put a condom on me, we had sex and I have finished myself off and taken the condom of, it was not broken. I felt very bad for what I have done, the next day the tip of my penis hurt. i thought its maybe of the lube or condom, i was confident that the condom would protect me. Now precise 5 weeks later i got swollen glands. Thought it may be because of a sore tooth i went to a doctor (dentist closed at Christmas time) and he gave me antibiotics. the next day i felt more dizzy and developed a sore throat, my glands around my neck was stiff and felt one time nausea,went back to doc and he says its a virus, now the anxiety kickes in, my palms sweating and my back and arms. I read everything on google and all points to HIV, though i keep trying to calm myself telling me i have used protection. I was sick for a week with fever in bed with all the other symptoms and all in the right period of 4 to 6 weeks. Waiting for a blood count test and xray from doc, i cant sleep anymore, did i contract the virus :-(
You certainly picked up some kind of virus.  The redness on the tip of the penis may be due to using it too much on that evening or an allergy to the condom or the lube.  Use the latex free condoms.

With regard to the other symptoms, it may just be coincidental and you may have picked up a virus from people sneezing, coughing or touching contaminated door handles or hand shakes.

The only way to find out whether you have caught an STD is to get the appropriate screening.  You do not say in which country you live, but some places do have GUM clinics which are confidential.  If you do not have a clinic nearby, your doctor will be able to give you advice and arrange blood tests for STDs.

You do not say whether your glands are now normal.  If not, and other screenings are negative, ask the doctor about getting a blood test done to check for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

You need to ask your doctor what he is screening you for when you say you are waiting for the results of the blood count.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes.
thanks for the rapid reply, I cant sleep so I am sitting clued to my computer searching ars symptom with all no good answers raising my anxiety, as sitting here now, I drank my last anti biotic, and all glands are normal, but they were swollen for more than a week, with he fever and dizziness. You know why I am so scared, I also say to myself its another virus , but I never ever felt like this before,

Just an update, I had pneumonia. Doctor said there was no HIV risk but in the hospital being treated for pneumonia I still took a test which came back negative !!! I will redo a test in a few weeks but am sure it will still be negative, I know anxiety also played a big role by diagnosing myself over the net,  I had a big shock in life, protected sex is protected but having it with someone who's status is unknown is still taking a risk, and I never want to go through this again. For anybody else who is reading this, always play it SAFE, do not take unnecessary risks and please, DO NOT diagnose yourself with google, your mind will trick you and make you more sick, do the test for peace of mind.

Thank you :-)    

Yes, anxiety and stress can make you feel very ill.

There are some nasty bugs going round.  

I have finished a course of antibiotics a few days ago for a bad kidney infection.  Although the kidney pains have settled, I still feel very ill and just struggle every day.  Then today I have come out with symptoms of a cold - never ending, if it ain't one thing, it's another.

Hope you feel well very soon.
Best wishes.