purple lump on side of face
i have a  lump on the side of my face ,to me it looks purple. my doctor wants to remove it . im a little scared. i keep getting a feeling that he is going to cut into it ,and its going to start bleeding and not stop. He said there is nothing to worry about . I trust him because i just had a hugh lump removed from my arm. But it's not the same thing, it has a sharp pain that shoots into it. It's not hard like the lump in my arm. Should i be scared, is it just a cyst. Could it be something more.
If you are not comfortable with removal yet, you could see a dermatologist for a second opinion. Not sure how big it is or what type of doctor you are seeing, but I would tell them exactly what you're thinking and ask the doctor(s) #1 What is it about the lump that indicates removal is needed, #2 What things could it be, and #3 Will they be sending it to a pathology lab for diagnosis?

Then you'll be able to either informed consent or choose to not remove it at this time.
Thanks for writing to the forum!

It is really difficult to comment without looking at the lump. It could be just a cyst or it could be a cherry hemangioma that looks purple in color. It could also be an abscess. Normally removal of a lump is a simple procedure and you know that as you had one removed on your arm. However if you are having a funny feeling about this lump, maybe you can seek a second opinion.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining you. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

A related discussion, hands cramp was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.