purple spots on lip
I have two purple spots on my lips--one small spot on the top lip and a larger spot in the middle of my lower lip. I heard my detal assistant ask my dentist about these spots with a specific term and the dentist told her "nevermind those". What are they?? They don't hurt-can't feel them. Have seen them on other people's lips.

This could be acne, allergic reaction to some substance, eczema or even herpes labialis.  

It would be best to drink plenty of water, apply a medicated lip balm with sunscreen and replace any deficient minerals and vitamins in your diet.

You could take some oral antihistamine medications lie cetrizine or loratadine and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If your symptoms still persist after a few days , it would be advisable to consult your doctor and let him/her have a look at the lesions.

Have you had allergic reactions in the past? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

I too have recently gotten several purple spots on my upper lip.  Over the past few weeks I have done alot of painting and twice was overcome by the fumes.  Any connection?