Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
raised alkaline phosphate level again

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

raised alkaline phosphate level again

Hi all,
I have had an elevated alkaline phospatase (167) when tested in February. I was tested again 2 weeks later and it rose again to 185 and then went down to 167. My doctor has since ordered calcium and phosphorus blood levels, parathyroid hormone levels... these are all normal. AST test is normal too. When they did the test to see where the alkaline is coming from it was coming from the bone more than the liver and intestine (although levels were present from them). I was put on vitamin D tablets as my Vitamin D level was in the normal range but low. I was told to have a blood test in early August and got the results back today. My alkaline phosphate level is 156...so it is going down. They are just going to monitor it. Is this enough? I asked for a liver scan but because the doctor said there isn't much coming from the liver then it's not worth it and they are just going to monitor it every 2 months. I'm worrying again :-( Anyone else had this problem?
Thank you.
P.S No hepatitis was found either.
Avatar n tn
GGT level was 14, which is normal.
Avatar n tn
anyone?