Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
random leg pain
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

random leg pain

Hello and thank you for taking my question.

I am a 29-year-old female.  For about one week I've had random pain- usually on the outer part of my right thigh, but sometimes I feel it in the outer part of my right calf as well.  I can go for hours feeling nothing and then it will start to come and go, never lasting more than a second at a time.  It's like a twinge.  Then after maybe 20 minutes I don't feel it again, but it comes back hours later.    Nothing is swollen, I can put weight on it and walk and run normally.  The leg looks normal.  It seems to happen more when I'm still.  Sometimes the pain is mild, and sometimes it feels stronger, but it goes away so quickly it's not really stopping me from doing anything.  It doesnt' seem to be affected by the way I move.  

I don't remember doing anything strenuous that would cause an injury- other than some recent work around the house but I dont' think I hurt anything.  It's really bothering me because I've been going through a very stressful time lately, I'm about to make a major job change and will change health insurance and I am moving, now is not a good time for me to have any major problems.  Also I have a history of stress related symptoms (shortness of breath, stomach upset) and I don't know if I should go to my doctor or not- and I'm afraid to go.  I feel fine otherwise, other than very worried.  I just want it to stop.  Another thing- I dont' know if it's related or not, but I noticed this week a small bruise on the underside of my right breast- it's yellowish and seems to be fading.  I have no idea how it got there- it's a very strange place for a bruise.  I've heard bruises like that can be a sign of cancer so I got scared.  The leg thing is scaring me too because I read tumors can weigh on the nerves and cause pain.  

I would greatly appreciate any insight you could provide.

Thank you,  

mafj