rash on arms/legs, sore throat, joint pain in my knees and elbows
So I have a rash on my forearms and calfs and i have pains in my knees and elbows which makes it hard to move sometimes and i just had a sore throat which my doctor said it was tonsilitis. Does anyone know what is wrong with me as far as the other stuff? oh and i had a fever and my white blood count was a little higher than normal.
sounds like an infection of some nature,,,could be something like lymes disease,or more serious like hiv,,,
i cannot see you getting rash from sore throat,,UNLESS you got medicine for sore throat/toncelitis and you are having a reaction to it.
Fever and white blood cell count indicates infection. The rash presenting on the calves makes me think it's erythema nodosum...this will resolve on its own in 3 - 6 weeks, usually. Since strep throat can cause erythema nodosum, I'd bet that you had strep throat (did you have a strep test done?). Mononucleosis can also cause this, but since you didn't mention extreme fatigue, I wouldn't include this in the differential diagnosis.

I also seem to recall the Coxsackie viruses causing rashes, but these present with a very severe sore throat that last for about a week. It's also not common in most parts of the United States--mainly the northeast.