rbc count in urine of my 5 year old daughter
My daughter who is 5 years old is having RBC count in her urine for the past 1 year. She has undergone scanning, blood and urine tests all of which have given results indicating no problems at all. She did have a uti once and does have an occassional fever. otherwise she is healthy, but weighs only 14.5 kg now. What could be the possible reasons for such a condition and what are the tests you would advise?
Are these through sterile caths? I would have them due a sterile cath to make sure there is no contamination.
Have her kidneys ever been checked? perhaps she has developed a kidney infection or quite possibly a stone?
thanks for the comments. I am not in town with my daughter, actually I am out of the country itself. As far as I know, all tests have been done by the doctor, including scanning and all the other usuual tests, all of them (the docs) are still wondering why there is a RBC count when all the other results are normal. I was going through this site itself and found something called Alports syndrome. Could this be something related to this? My wife had her urine checked for RBC and found it normal. Now I have to do it. This has been advised by the doc. This condition has been persisting for the past 1 year continously. As such she is normal without any other symptoms. Kindy provide the support. Looking forward to more useful comments.
I just checked my urine and doctor said I have a lot of RBC in my urine so I checked out my kidney. Finally the result was shown that I have kidney chronic disease. Make sure check her kidney!!!!