rear end pain
Why does my butt hurt ? The top of my butt crack is frequently hurting. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. It Come and Goes whenever. It hurts the most when sitting and i cannot get up sometimes. i also experince this when i walk and this is a problem because it is in such an akward place..please help!!!

The symptoms that you are having may be due to coccydynia. Inflammation of the bony area (tailbone or coccyx) located between the buttocks is referred to as coccydynia. Coccydynia is associated with pain and tenderness at the tip of the tailbone between the buttocks. The pain is often worsened by sitting.

Caused by injury to the coccyx like trauma,fall or normal labour or even spontaneously without any cause.

Diagnosed only on basis of clinical evaluation and treatment includes using a well-padded seat when sitting and avoiding long periods of sitting when possible.Ask your wife to take adequate rest, avoid re-injury to the affected area and take some antiinflammatory and pain medications like ibuprofen(motrin) or diclofenac. Some severe cases with persistent coccydynia are treated with local cortisone injection and surgical resection of the coccyx.Keeping soft pillow under the buttocks while sitting on a hard surface helps tremendously.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.