rectal numbness without back injury
I have been having numbness in rectal area for about 1 month.  I went to the ER and they thought it was back problems and did a mri of lumbar spine.  That came out normal.  I cannot feel when i have to have a bowel movement, i have to remove it with my fingers.  I am having a ct on friday and wondered if this would show any bowel or rectocele problems.  I have very scared and just wish this numbness would go away.  I was having rectal bleeding but now it is gone.  Some of the numbness has moved into the vaginal area.  Do you think this could be some sort of nerve damage or am i just jumping to the wrong conclusion.  I have had shingles on my face last October and the numbness feels the same but i have no rash.   thank you
When I went to a neurologist for this same type of problem, she asked if I could feel myself having to go to the bathroom or if I had actual numbness in the area itself.  Could be a nerve problem.  Maybe see a neurologist for MRI?