red chest flush
I've read many or the postings regarding Asian Flush/Blush, Rosacea, etc.  I am not Asian, I do not drink.  However once in a while I do get very red on my chest, neck, and sometimes lower arms.  This happens only when I have nausea, or have vomited, or have much coughing.  It seems to be connected to some sort of trauma with my lungs.  I've had it for over 40 years.  It is just a color, not pimples, rash but some itching.  It comes and goes in minutes, and sometimes in hours.  I'm past menopause.  People and even my doctor say they have not seen anything like it.  I've experienced is for so many years and just accept it as a sort of individual response to lung trauma.  I sure would like to meet someone (via internet) who experiences the same thing.
I also perspire only in the head area, so if it is hot outside or I am working kind of hard, my hair will get wet, and I will literally drip.  It makes helping with church functions, especially those during the Summer rather embarrassing.  Does anyone relate?

This discussion is related to DRY FLUSHING, extreme red on face, neck, chest, feet and sometimes legs!  ITCH.
Has anyone been diagnosed with dermatomyositis? Because I have the exact same symptoms and following a skin biopsy, EMG and nerve conduction studies, along with blood tests to check my CK levels, that is what the diagnosis was. I am now on prednisone 2 mg. per day and methotrexate 2.5 mg. 7 tablets once a week. I see a dermatologist once a month. I also have severe chronic pain, body wide. All related. Reddened eyes, look like I have pink eye all the time. The flushing worsens with any stress. Occurs from my neck down. I can feel it come on, and it is associated with a feeling of severe warmth. My arms, chest, neck down to my knees turn bright "sunburn" red. The flushing occurs anywhere from daily to numerous times in a day.  I also have lupus and fibromyalgia, along with hypothyroidism. I additionally have what is called "overlap syndrome" because the symptoms of one illess mimic/overlap the other. It has taken years to get this diagnosis.