Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
red discolouration on stomach area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red discolouration on stomach area

Hi everyone, I have these strange red spot-like discolourations on my stomach area (there's also one lonely one on my upper arm). They vary in size from about a dime to one that is almost two-inches wide. They also vary in shape.

They are not bumps, and they don't itch, burn, or irritate the skin in anyway. I guess they kind of look like red, pain-free bruises. I'm not very good with descriptions, but does anyone have any idea what they might be?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
It's sort of hard without seeing a picture, but since you have no symptoms, it sounds like it's just hyperpigmentation of the skin.

Have they been there long--did they just show up one day?  Also, is the redness uniform in color?

Is there a chance it's ringworm?
Blank
hmm...i think the shapes aren't right for it to be ringworm.

They've been gradually showing up for about a month, none of the 'spot-things' really go away either. and they are all different shades of red (going from hints of purple to hints of yellow i suppose).
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank