red rash around wrists
Since about christmas i have noticed that i keep getting a red rash on my wrists, back of hand and up the side of my thumbs.
the rash is not scaley, it seems randomly placed but never goes any higher than my elbow.
this rash like thing was itchy to begin with but now it jst appears and never stays any longer than 25 minutes.

does any one have any suggestions on what this could be???

best regards
Could possibly be that you are allergic to nickel if you are wearing a watch or braclet.  If you are not wearing jewlery on your wrists, I would see your gp or dermatologist.
would it be some sort of excema because i have severly suffered from excema since birth??
With it coming and going, I am not sure.  I said that about the nickel b/c I ahve a skin sensitivity to nickel - and it is in alot of jewlery.  I have to buy earrings, bracelets, etc that are nickel free.  It makes me break out in an itchy rash - but goes away the next day.  So, I just stay away from it.  I have had to hot glue a piece of felt to the back of my watch in order to wear it.  I think it would be easier to identify for your doc if you were there when you have it - but if you are like me, that is next to impossible.  Not sure I have anything else that can help.  Just try to keep in mind when this happens, what you are wearing, etc.  Hope this helps,
Charley
your having hives or urticaria
it just means your immune system is overreactive for whatever reason: stress, environment, etc.
most cases are idiopathic (no discernable cause)
nothing serious
it may dissapear in a few weeks to a month
but jewelry can cause it too
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.