Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
reocurring flu-like symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

reocurring flu-like symptoms

Hello.  I am 17 and female.  About every month for the past 3 months I have been getting the same severe flu-like symptoms.   I learned how to detect when it's about to happen because I start feeling really tired, my head hurts, and my body aches.  The day after that it gets really bad.  I usually don't get out of bed because even my legs hurt.  Every time I sit up my head starts pounding, it's so severe I try to avoid moving.  It even hurts behind my eyes.  But majority of the pain comes from my right kidney area.  My lower right back, but it shoots up to under my right shoulder blade.  They don't always occur at the same time.  Also, under my right breast, the liver I believe, there's a reocurrent throbbing pain.  That usually wraps around to my back too.  
     These symptoms usually last for about 3 days then go away, until the next month. Except for the first time they started happening, I think that lasted almost two weeks and was the most severe.  I honestly thought I was dying. I have been to the doctors for it twice but they kept telling me it was a UTI.  Which I don't think it was because why would it keep coming back? It's getting really severe and I'm kind of scared it's something serious.  I can't very well go to the doctors again because we currently don't have any medical insurance.  

Is it possible to have liver damage at such a young age?  Or something related to drinking?  I started when I was 14.

All help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you.