Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
rhomboid strain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

rhomboid strain

Hello World!

I am new to this site. I went to the ER last night due to pain in my shoulder area on the right side. Doc said it was a rhomboid strained muscle. I have had this pain off and on for a little over 2 years, but it just became worst in the month of Sept and Oct 2008. Oh my God, it has been really bad. i have had no relief and it is really bad in the mornings when I try to get up for work. I have been sleeping with a heating pad and using it day and night. Ive been reading that folks are using a ice paks. Have I been going wrong with the heat vs the cold compress? Have  I made things worse. I was in a car accident on 8-2-08, could this be a result of the accident. It started on the right side of my neck and worked its way down to my shoulder, the pain, that is. The doc order me to go to a PT but I was thinking of just doing some stretching and excerise techniques. If anyone know of some home remedies techs to share, please do so. I am only 31 years old (yes I said only) and I want my body back. This pain is affecting everything in my world and the things I want to do thereof. I am taking flexaril as of today. I have a little relief but not much. I also want to say I am sorry to hear about the painful stories of others that are enduring this same type pain. I FEEL you and I am praying that each of us can find means of tolerating this pain until relief comes. My word for tday is ENDURANCE

I feel so tired......

Clover!
1 Comment
My rhomboid pain has been horrible since a slip and fall six years ago.  The pain would make the muscle sqeeze the nerve tighter, the nerve being pinched caused more pain, in a never ending, spiraling circle.  I felt like I was sleeping on a golf ball, and had to sleep on my size, till it gave out.  then the other side went out, I had nowhere to go and couldn't sleep.  I finally went to a precription doctor and radiologist: What has helped:
Zanaflex and Diazepam for the spasms;
the Duragesic patch for pain, and MSIR morphine for break-through pain.
Radio Frequency Neurotomies in the cervical and the thoracic at T1-T2 to get the nerves under the scapula.  Also, botox injection into the spasm.  I can live ok now.