rib pains
i have really bad shooting pain down both sides of my ribs i have no fever somtimes i am great other times it is making me cry my odctor just keeps sending me away with pain killers i have been 8 times in the last year about my pains and still they continue can you tell me what it could be?
Get another doctor
Have you gone to a chiropractor? Your back or ribs may be out of place and just need adjusted. Best wishes.

Sissie
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Shooting pain on both sides of ribs can be due to shingles, pinched nerve, or due to gas in the abdomen. It can even be due to costochondritis, if you can press on the area of pain and localize the pain. Generally the pain is at the point where ribs join your chest bone.
Nerve conduction studies, your self assessment whether you have gas in abdomen, a doctor's assessment of acidity, and assessment whether it is shingles or not is required.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP (another one if this consultation is not helping you) for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.