Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
right hip numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

right hip numbness

Last week my right hip toward the back began feeling bruised and then after a day or so felt numb and itchy.  Now it is numb all around my hip and into my inner thigh.  No other symptoms and it is not painful, just weird.
You might of pinched a nerve that runs through your hip area.  That could cause the numbness, but cant say for sure.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain and a bruised feeling in the hip can be a neurological or a vascular problem. It can be a deep vein thrombosis or a clot in the deep vein. Pinched sacral nerves causing sciatica is another possibility.
A wrong posture on a job that involves sitting for a long time too can precipitate this.
History of taking injections in the buttocks in the recent past should be looked into. A number of times old injection sites start troubling if undue pressure is put on them as in prolonged sitting.
Another possibility is ischiogluteal bursitis. This is inflammation of the bursa that lies between the ischial tuberosity and the tendon of hamstring muscle. The bursa may show inflammation without any cause or in association with hamstring tendinitis or inflammation of tendon of hamstring. The pain increases on stretching.
Myofascial pain or trigger points in the Gluteus medius muscle and Piriformis muscles can cause pain in the buttock area which may radiate to thighs. Stretching the muscle increases the pain.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor (PCP) and get a referral for a sports clinic and consult a sports medicine specialist or for an orthopedic specialist. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
What about numbness from the hip to inner thigh?
Numbness is usually due to pinched nerve. The exact location has to be determined.
I have shingles.  I keep hearing that it is usually older people - I'm 35.  At least it isn't painful so far.