Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
right side abdominal pain, diarrhea, fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

for the past 2 or 3 years i've had abdominal pains that would come and go once in a while , other then a few stomach pains i've been really healthy and almost never get sick. i'm now 15 and for the past 7 months the stomach pains have gotten alot worse and more often.
i also have severe diarrhea almost everyday and had blood in my stool for about 2 week but it just went away. i went to see a GI and they put me on polyethylene glycol claiming that i'm constipated  i take 6 teaspoon of this daily but it seems to give me more diarrhea(i've been taking this for about 3 months). i've had x-rays of my abdomin (abdomen) which showed "the blockage" but feel like i should be feeling better by now.
i've also had blood tests for just about everything possible and had my stool test aswell but nothing has showen up. the pains now come almost daily and are usally on the lower and middle right side of my abdomin (abdomen). i'm also very tired all of the time and in the past month if i stand up to fast or when i get out of bed i get this head rush dizzy feeling and my eyes go blurry for a few seconds,  i don't know if that has anything to do with the abdominal pains or is just normal.
i've also been peeing alot more then i normally do and sometimes i feel like i have to pee and then when i try only a little comes out.
anyways any suggestions of what could be causing this would be great
thanks

1 Comment

Going by your symptoms four possibilities are coming to my mind.

Firstly, as you are having diarrhea along with the pain, possibility of irritable bowel syndrome is there. Diagnosis is made on basis of clinical evaluation.

Secondly, appendicitis has to be ruled out. This possibility is rare as pain of appendicitis is severe and is associated with vomitings and fever.

Thirdly, Crohn’s disease can be the cause of this pain. Crohn's disease most commonly affects the last part of the small intestine, usually located in the right lower abdomen. Diagnosed by barium enemas and colonoscopy.

Fourthly,it can be pelvic inflammatory disease or an ovarian cyst if you are a female.

Pls get an ultrasound abdomen and CT abdomen along with blood counts and colonyscopy done to find out the cause of pain as treatment depends on the same.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.