Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
right side pain behind ribs had x-ray's they showed no broken ribs...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

right side pain behind ribs had x-ray's they showed no broken ribs

my right side hurts under my ribs and it is really bad when I bend over to pick something up sitting in a chair off the floor it about kills me to get off the chair down onto the floor to do anything and at night when I get into bed it hurts and when I lay on my right side it kills me I have to roll to my left onto my sorta stomic hurts to touch  And x-rays of my chest and sideview of my ribs showed nothing was wrong. thank you please help me!!!!
Hi.  If there is nothing wrong with your bones, that suggests a problem in the soft tissues, such as your muscles.  I think you should see a doctor who specializes in muscle-health.  Hope you feel better soon!  Blessings - Blu
Like BluCrystal says x-rays only show up bones and it is confirmed that the bones are fine.

It is therefore a muscular problem.  Have you done any physical work, or exercise lately or had a severe cough?

Pain under the right rib cage can also be from your liver, but you would feel other symptoms after eating fried foods.

Take warm baths with a muscle relaxant.  Take pain relief in recommended doses.  You can also get muscle gels, sprays and rubs for muscle problems.

But it is best to see your doctor so that he can confirm the diagnosis.

Best wishes.
I would guess liver.  I don't think you need to feel anything with relation to fried foods in order to have a liver condition.  Could maybe be gallbladder, or lungs.  An MRI or CT might show more.  You might also be having referred pain from somewhere else.  An inflamed appendix can cause abdominal pain that's diffuse and not necessarily located in the lower right quadrant.  I'm surprised they didn't check those things.  You need to go back to your doctor, since you're still hurting, and because we don't know if it's serious or not.
I can't eat fried foods due to gastric bypass I will contact dr thanks
Hope you get on OK.

How have you been getting on with the gastric bypass?
I presume that you had it to help lose weight.

Best wishes.