Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
right side throat pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

right side throat pain

hello.

I have had pain on the right side of my throat for the past week and a half. the best way to describe the location is half way between the back of my mouth and top of my rib cage (or sternum). recently i noticed radiating pains to my right ear, which in turn goes to my right side of my head. when i push on the right side of my throat the pain worsens. i am am not having any difficulty swallowing, however that same location hurts slightly when i do.  
I am a smoker and a occasional drinker. So needless to say i have really bad sinus drainage and im constanly clearing my thorat. the mucus seems to be worse when i first wake up and my nose is clogged and i have to clear it out. the first bit of mucus that comes from my sinus cavity in the morning is usually green and slightly hard when i cough it up.
i was primarily concerned and curious what might be causing the throat and ear pain. and could it just be sinus problems?
thank you.