running leg weak/not responding
I've been a serious runner for 27 years. I'm now 40.
A few months ago I came down with a 24-hour fever that forced me to stay in bed for a full night and day.
When I was back on my feet I could not run (even though I could walk normally), because one of the muscles in my right quad/thigh was not responding and would not complete the running action - this was put down to a possible trapped nerve by a physiotherapist and after five days it returned to normal.

But the problem has come back, albeit not as acute. The right Quad/thigh muscle becomes instantly tired when running to the poing that it barely lifts the foot off the ground. I'm trying strengthening exercises to see if the muscle is simply very weak.
There is pain around the knee aftere prolonged running, again a sympton of the quad muscle being weak and not holding the knee in its 'groove'.

What tests would you recommend? Ccould the muscle be breaking down or is there a nuero-path not working?

I would consider seeing a Neurologist and asking them to to a nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study on you.

I hope you feel better soon. It doesn't sound like Guillian-Barre syndrome, because I think you would have been a lot sicker, so that's good. I'm not a physician or anything, but I do believe the virus was responsible for what you are going through now.

Good luck !