scab not healing
I've seen other forums with this same topic; basically, I have 3 scabs on my right shoulder area that won't heal, and in fact continue to expand in area. What concerned me is that two also appeared on my face, one on my right temple and one below the lip (the soul-patch area). They occasionally ooze a bit, (normally at the instant I pick them off). Then of course there is the "standard set:" scabs flaking off revealing open wound, mild oozing, and cycling over.

Could someone possibly clarify what's happening?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Generally such wounds/scabs/ulcers that do not heal are due to underlying infection, low supply of oxygen to the wound that is reducing the healing process, underlying diabetes, or due to dermatitis.
Wounds heal slower in diabetics or smokers or alcoholics who have been smoking and drinking for a long time. So these have to be ruled out.
This could also be a case of seborrheic dermatitis. There is no cure as such, but it can be controlled by medicated shampoos and lotions.
A tissue biopsy of the scab and underlying tissue may be required to reach a diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Please consult a skin specialist. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!

thx for the info. They DID in fact heal after about another month or two when winter ended and the sun came out, so it might have been a vitamin d deficiency or something?
A related discussion, Mrs Stressed was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.