scalp cyst ruptured??
I have had a cyst on the upper right back scalp for several years.  It has continued to grow, but was not painful.  Two nights ago I awoke from my sleep, with a terrible pain in that area, I reached up, and the area had spread out and was hurting so bad, but I could still fill the primary cyst.  The next morning I noticed a knot behind my right ear, that is extremly painful.  My jaw hurts to chew on the right side, and today it hurts down my kneck.  Of course all of this is over the weekend when no Docs are available.  I can't sleep well, because any thing hurts my scalp.  Cant wash or brush my hair with out extreme pain.  I don't know what has happened.  Any body have any ideas?? In pain for now until tomorrow when the Docs can see me.

Thanks for writing to the forum!
This looks like an infected cyst with the infection under the skin reaching up to the neck due to a common fascia. Another possibility is malignant involvement of the cyst resulting in its increasing its size and causing pain.
It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know what your doctors think it is. Do let me know if there is any thing else. Take care!
It was in fact infected.  Applied heat, placed on Clinda, and pain meds.  It got really bad.  The last 4 days have been better. Yesterday When i squeezed it the sac from the cyst came out.  Very thick walled.  So according to my doc cyst ruptured, got infected now came out.  It was horrible pain though, it was all the way down in my neck from the top right crown of my head.  Infection had spread fast.  Thanks for responding