Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sensation of heat down the side of my body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have a strange, extremely warm sensation that suddenly runs down the outer side of my left leg, sometimes, it occurs simultaneously down my outer left arm to the elbow and also sometimes this will include down the left side of my torso. It is not painful but very noticeably warm to the point that sometimes I jump. This has started suddenly. Should I be concerned?

Thank you so much for your time,
Cindy
Dear Cindy,
You have mentioned something which sounds quite unusual.What's the harm consulting a doctor?
Asking a doctor is always better than this kind of online help.I'm writing to you because I saw that no one has answered your query.Hope this non-medical advice will not irritate you.
Take care !  
Thank you for your reply, Im certainly not irritated at all by it. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow morning. I just thought that maybe this is something someone else has experienced or heard of. I will post my doctor's reply after the results are in. Thank you for replying to post.

Sincerely,
Cindy
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, you are having some neurological problem involving one half of your body. There is a chance that there is compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can cause numbness and loss of function in one half of body if compression is high up or just a sensation of heat or an abnormal sensation. `The other possibility of similar symptoms in one half of body is TIA or transient ischemic attack. To diagnose a TIA or mini stroke you need to have a MRI close to the episode. If TIA is suspected then all predisposing factors to TIA should be ruled out like polycythemia vera, sickle cell disease, diabetes, hyperviscosity syndromes, hypertension etc.
This can be a medical emergency, so rush to ER when you have the symptom. Take care!