severe abdominal/pelvic pain W/ diarrhea nausea
I started having sharp severe left lower quadrant pain Aug3. I went to my obgyn and was told it must have been a ruptered cyst. I came ack in a week still in pain and had a transvaginal us, that showed overies looked ok but a dark spot about 2.5x the size of my left ovary was right beside it. sent for a CTscan w/ contrast that wasn't clear down there. then a barium enema that was ok but as soon as they turned on the x-ray they asked me how many abdominal surgeries i have had. i had a c-section and an appendectomy in the last 3 years. so my obgyn sent me to a gastro and i go for a colonoscopy in 3days. he is thinking colitis. BUT, in the past 6 weeks the pain has moved fromt he lower left quad to the lower right quad and severely in the lower middle pelvic section nonstop. i went through 3 weeks of 24/7 diarrhea w/ nausea vomiting and not being able to eat more than 3-4 bites pe meal. i lost 13 lbs. Immodium/pepto did nothing. i have been to ER 2x for dehydration and each time 4 bags of fluids morphine for pain and nothing else. Have been given Darvocet then Vicoden neither take pain away at all.  Also been on phenergan. My Mother gave me a Percocet tonite and with taking 1 it barely takes the edge off.  Also been taking 800mg ibuprofen 3x daily. Day by day the pain worsens and lengthens I have had 3 children with the only complication being my last was breech. i had my tubes tied during that c-section too. have had hypertension since then, appendicitis and meningitis in the past 3 years. i don't think it is gastro related, i think its more gyno my bp was 170/117 last dr vis
I'd get in to see a doc ASAP and wouldn't wait until your colonscopy...this has been going on for way too long.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.