severe itching cause by meds?
Once a year i get severe itching when taking aphetamine salts or known also as adderal. I stop taking this medication and the itching stops. However within a month the itching comes back. It starts on top of my scalp, then face and sometimes upper body. Could this have anything to do with prosac, thryoid meds , lamitac, tegretol. trazodone. klonipin and strattera. MInd you I have had this severe itching before I started straterra.
Please help, scratched

All these drugs are known to cause itching of the skin or rashes as their side effects but more so with tergetrol and strattera.

Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Dry skin usually results from environmental factors that you can wholly or partially control. These include hot or cold weather with low humidity levels, long-term use of air conditioning or central heating, and washing or bathing too much.

Other conditions cause itchy skin as well. Skin conditions like psoriasis,dermatitis,lice,scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders,thyroid disorders, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

Can you identify any of these?

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

If still the itching continues then pls get yourself evaluated for liver and kidney disorders.Strattera is an important cause of liver dysfunction and hence the itching.

Take care and regards.