Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
severe lower back pain after routine colonoscopy

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

i am a 60 year old female, five days ago I had a COLONOSCOPY procedure. Results were normal, no polyps, and I must repeat it in 5 years.
NEXT DAY, I WOKE UP WITH A SEVERE LOWER BACK PAIN. I called my doctor, and the doctor on  call told me
to go to the ER. SOMETHING I HATE TO DO. NOW 4 DAYS LATER ,I STILL HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN AND SOME BLOTTING. CAN THIS BE THE SYMPTOMS of  VOWEL PERFORATION ?
Please. advise!
I know those nurses often tell you to go in to the ER using written protocols- but when a DOCTOR tells you to go in, why would you bother to call and then not heed their advice?  PLEASE go in!
Avatar n tn
I am 57 years old and had a colonoscopy three days ago.  Since last evening, I have had severe lower back pain.  Please let me know if you feel any better or if the doctor had any suggestions for you.
Yes I went to the ER, that belongs to the same Clinic, they had accsess to all my records,
They gave me an intravenous pain killer, and I had to drink 3 glasses of a medication for a CONTRAST FOR A CT SCAN, it was a terrible afternoon, But, they screened me for vowel perforation . I am OK. Pain was a adverse effect of the air the doctor shoots thru the colon
at the time of the procedure. I still have some back pain, but not as bad.
I think ,it was the right thing to do, for my peace of mine.They gave me a prescription for gas pain, BENTYL 20 mg.
bbwidow, i wish you WELL, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING.
Avatar n tn
This morning, I still feel really sore but it's mostly just when I'm standing up or sitting down.  It's not so bad if I'm just walking around or lying down.

Thanks for letting me know about your experience.  I'm glad that your bowel was not perforated.

I've always said that if there's a side effect to any procedure, I'm going to get it.

Thanks again for your help ... this has been very supportive.