sharp chest and throat pain
I have been having sharp pains in my chest and throat off and on. It feels kinda like getting a chip stuck in your throat. Its also been kinda messing with my breathing. I have no idea what this could be, can someone help.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain in throat and a feeling of something stuck there and chest pain can be due to acidity with GERD. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to change a couple of medications or take a combination of medications like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole,  lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Possibility of H pylori infection too should be looked into and a combination antibiotic tried.
Life style changes include: Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Go to bed at least 2 hours after food. Maybe these tips will help you.
You should consult a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) or a physician for this if these tips reduce your symptoms.
Other than that it can also be angina if the pain comes and goes. Hence an EKG should be done immediately.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank you so much for your insight on the matter. I had went to the er a week or so ago and they told me i had bronchitis and wouldnt hear anything else about my throat. Ive had bronchitis and never had this feeling. Can any of ur diagnosis have anything to do with being paranoid about having a breathing attack. Always have a very nervous feeling half of the time.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.