Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sharp pains in lower left abdomen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

sharp pains in lower left abdomen

iv'e been having a coming and going pain im my lower left stomach. im not on my period or arent due so its not that. for a few months now.In January i got extreme side pains there and went to ER thought it cud be appendix but ended up they said i was low on potassium so they gave me 6 huge pills to take and also, i was extremely constipated.

on a 1-10 scale tha pain can b as bad as an 8 but normally its a 5...... the pain stays in the same spot and its located right next to my hip bone.....it feels like im getting poked with sharp objects.....
plus idk if this may have anything to do with it, but, ive been getting nauseated and sick all the time feeling but no puking.and my stomach flutters alot, and have excess gas at times..plus not too mention constipation all the time.
my constipation tho, has calmed down alot..but im still constipated..
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are several causes for left lower abdominal pain. Constipation itself is a cause. Based on other symptoms it could be either Irritable bowel syndrome, Diverticulitis, Crohns disease, Ulcerative colitis or Coelic disease. Other causes of left lower abdominal pain are
Polycystic ovarian syndrome – PCOS, Twisted or Ruptured ovarian cyst,Ectopic pregnancy,Pelvic Inflammatory Disease – PID,Endometrosis, and Bowel tumor. However all of these except bowel tumor will not cause nausea, gas and flutters.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at all of those different diseases on google as well. and it cmae up wiht all of them. So i think i should go see one as well. Ive been constipated on/off. It depends i guess.And  but i also have the occasional nausea feeling and flutters as well as alot of gas. And it smells too.Lol.
Well, the pain yesterday was bad and vague as well as dull at times and it stayed for almos thte whole day.on/off it was abdmominal pain in all of my lower abdomen..in my right side too.when the pain gets like this i feel as if its mainly right by my hip bone.thats where all the pains at.plus imm voerly tired all the time if that has anything to do wiht it.
And maybe i this has anyhting to do wiht anyhting i just recently got backj an ABNORMAL PAP SMear from the gynecologist. And have to go in on April 20th for a Coloscopy.
Plus the pain also hits in my upper left abdomen right beneath my breast it seems.