Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sharp pains in my chest on the right side that spread to my left

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hi i am a male 18 years old and im having a problem with my chest it feels like a sharp pain that comes and goes in my left side right under my chest muscle and my ribs and back muscle are sore if i press down on my left side sometimes the sharp pain goes to my right side of my chest also i have recently stoped smoking i have not smoked in over 15 days and i was having an anxiety problem but thats not bad anymore sometimes when i get up my heart races though i went to the hospital but all the test came out good i had an i think its called ekg and blood work and a urine sample but that came up with nothing and im wondering why my muscles could be sore when i havent worked out lately well thats all i can think of besides i get bad head aches everyday and sorry about my writing i was always bad in english.
Even without exertion you can still get twinges in the chest area due to chronic tension of the area.  Check when you breathe, is your tummy rising and falling or is your chest rising and falling?  If it is your chest then you are shallow breathing because your chest muscles are tense.  They can then spasm (the pains you feel).  Try to concentrate on breathing from your tummy for a few minutes a few times a day.  Good luck with everything.

Has a chest xray been done to rule out any rib fracture, chest infection, or air in the pleural space?

There could be several causes of the symptoms you are having including a muscle pull, injury or trauma at the site, chest infection, etc.

Do you have any associated symptoms?

You should apply some local pain relief medications, take some oral pain relief medications, maintain a proper posture throughout the day, try some warm compresses.

You could take some antireflux antinausea medications and see if they help with your symptoms - this could be pain due to reflux or GERD.

Consult the doctor if the symptoms persist and discuss whether you need to get any investigations including a chest xray and ECG done.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.