Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sharp pains on lower left side on stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For the past couple of night's I have been getting really sharp pains on my left side. It started when I was about to go to bed. I was laying on my back and went to go shift to lay on my left side when i got this pain. so I got up to see if it would go away and it did. then when I
went to go pee it felt like I was peeing a razor plaids ( or someone was pulling a rope out of me )! I went to go lay back down and the pain came back again but that time I was laying on my right side so I shifted on to my back and I felt like I had been donkey kicked in my vigina (vagina); then last night I got pain again in my sleep on the same side again! I have gotten these pain befor but never ever this bad! its feels like someone has stabed me thats how sharp they are! What should i do or what could this be?
Hi, reading your post, with you saying when you urinated it was like razor blades, i would suggest getting your urine dip sticked for infection, as you might need a course of trimethropin to clear it up. also if you have an infection, that is were the pain might be coming from.
Have you got a temperature? if you have its a good sign of infection.
Im not a doctor, so dont take my word for it, and you will need your gp to check your urine and if its an infection give you the appropiate antibiotics, to clear it.
Hope this helps,
Good luck
Nicola
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The ripping pain you feel could be due to either a severe UTI or due to stone in the urinary tract. You will need to get urine examination and an ultrasound or CT scan of the abdomen. Pain and discomfort on the lower left side of abdomen just below and to the left of navel can be due to several causes such as Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones, constipation, and an abscess in rectus abdominis muscle or psoas muscle. Since you do not have a lump or a tender hot spot, in all probability it is not a muscle. It could also be a periumbilical hernia that has got trapped resulting in small bowel obstruction or mesenteric ischemia. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!